[Sidefx-houdini-list] Renderman DSO Motion Blur Problem

Moritz Moeller realritz at virtualritz.com
Tue Aug 12 21:33:11 EDT 2008

Jaideep,

> I am writing a Renderman DSO fo rendering points. But I am not getting motion blur.
>
> I am using RiPointsV function.
>
> I used RiMotionBengin and end to state multiple versions of particles
> at two different times. I thought RiPointsV might not be suppoted for
> motion block,

it is fully supported in any implementation I'm aware of.
My first giess would be that the number of points varies for some (each)
motion sample.

While this poses no problem -- in theory -- from the API's pov, it is a
feature (changing topology of the gprim) that no implementation I'm
aware of supports when rendering the gprim -- in practice. :)

Just make sure the number of points stays constant for all motion
samples in one block and each index for each samples refers to the same
point.

.mm