[Sidefx-houdini-list] Time warping a point cloud

Sean Lewkiw Sean.Lewkiw at CIS-London.com
Thu Aug 7 07:43:02 EDT 2008

You might find you have to sort your channels by ID... this is an option
in CHOPs.

Also, you might have to have in reserve a bunch of particles that are
added to your sim so that the point count never changes, (that is, find
out the maximum number of points that ever exist, and make sure that
this is constant throughout the shot through copy SOP trickery).  That
means that points can't die though.  Basically, your non-existent
particles are left at 0,0,0 and scaled to zero until the channel they
match in CHOPs exists, then they will suddenly pop into place.

Yup, this is a real hassle!

Sean

--
Sean Lewkiw