[Sidefx-houdini-list] Time warping a point cloud

Sean Lewkiw Sean.Lewkiw at CIS-London.com
Tue Aug 5 13:52:23 EDT 2008

I suggest doing gross time-warps with a cache SOP using $FF and a chf
function in the lookup or one of the time-warp SOPs.

To do finer timewarps, like warping the outer edges more than the inner,
assign point colours to your above SOP chain(s), the use a multi-input
VEX SOP to blend between the two warps according to point colour.

To get lag and overshoot, slap the above in a lattice or point lattice,
and use CHOPs to manipulate the lattice instead.

Sean

Guillaume Laforge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to do some time warping on a bgeo sequence  of points coming
> from a fluid simulation. I thought that I could use CHOPs to control the
> motion but
> unfortunately when I reference my bgeo file in a geometry CHOP, it gives
> an error or crash Houdini. I've got 7000 points in my bgeo files and a
> duration of 120 frames. Maybe it is to much data to handle in CHOP ?
> I tried the Timewarp SOP too but it gives less control than CHOPs (no
> lag, jiggle etc...).
>
> Any advices to setup a time warping on a bgeo sequence of 7000 points on
> 120 frames is welcome !
>
> Thanks
>
> Guillaume Laforge | la maison

Sean Lewkiw