[Sidefx-houdini-list] Time warping a point cloud

Guillaume Laforge guillaume at alamaison.fr
Tue Aug 5 13:27:50 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to do some time warping on a bgeo sequence  of points coming
from a fluid simulation. I thought that I could use CHOPs to control the
motion but
unfortunately when I reference my bgeo file in a geometry CHOP, it gives
an error or crash Houdini. I've got 7000 points in my bgeo files and a
duration of 120 frames. Maybe it is to much data to handle in CHOP ?
I tried the Timewarp SOP too but it gives less control than CHOPs (no
lag, jiggle etc...).

Any advices to setup a time warping on a bgeo sequence of 7000 points on
120 frames is welcome !

Thanks

Guillaume Laforge | la maison