[Sidefx-houdini-list] omsbind

Ben Schrijvers ben.schrijvers at guerrilla-games.com
Tue Aug 5 10:25:10 EDT 2008

Hi there,

I'm trying have my HDA work with a selection made in the viewport.
I've tried to reverse engineer the "color" hda and found nothing special
other then the omsbind command. in a script called "PreFirstCreate"
But I can't get it to work. Also the color sop can do a "reselect" which
I would love to have as well.
I've tried several selector types ohter than prims but without luck.
Maybe it's not the script line but something else?
At the moment the group field is used by a delete sop inside the hda.
The grouptype is linked to the entity parameter.

This is the script as I think it should look.

omsbind -t sop PatchMerge:group prims "Merge Groups" "Select the
geometry to merge and right click to complete" 0 1 all 0 grouptype 0

this is what's in the color node.
omsbind -t sop color:group uveditselect "Assign Colors" "Select the
geometry to apply colors to and right click to complete" 0 1 all 0
grouptype 0

I'm enjoying: version 9.1.253

cheers,,
benS