[Sidefx-houdini-list] volume vex context in houdini

Lucio Flores dogboy_l at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 1 17:55:52 EDT 2008

I'm having trouble finding some functionality. I want to compute the gradient of a level set volume. I know there is a volumegradient vex command, so it should be a rather simple matter of calling volumegradient from the volume vop, correct?? But the only version of the volumegradient vex command available in the volume vex context is one that loads the volume from disk.

For that matter, is there a way to get the volume density of neighboring voxels in the volume vex context?? How can I get that, so maybe I can compute the gradient myself??