[Sidefx-houdini-list] About shaders

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 09:02:41 EDT 2007

Hi Jordi,

Sadly, this is lacking even in 9. Most facilities set up a VOPnet to
do exactly what you're suggesting, with all features already there and
waiting to be used. This is easier in 9 as there are new VOP
components that help you with this, but there is still no UberVOP net.
 In 8.1 you'll need to use VOPs to get where you want to be. Check out
the Exchange as there are useful VOPs on there like SSS and on Odforce
there is (was?) a nice translucency shader that could be put into a
VOP easily.

Cheers,

Peter B