[Sidefx-houdini-list] Selecting Using Python

Jaideep Khadilkar iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 29 03:35:41 EDT 2007

HI Everybody...

The new Python integration inside H9 is very nice, and I would like to
experiment with it a bit.
Currently I am trying to make a selection script in python that would select a ring or loop after u select an edge or a face.
After going thru the shelf scripts, I can now get the currently selected components and container in the viewer using "getGeometrySelections" command in soptoolutils. But going to the next step, I couldn't figure out how to select a particular point or face in the viewer or add to the current selection using python script.

Waiting for ur answers.

 iamjaideep80 (Jaideep Khadilkar)
  Technical Director, Sciclone Motion Graphics