[Sidefx-houdini-list] Evaluating expressions

Jordi Bares jordibares at the-mill.com
Thu Sep 27 07:46:48 EDT 2007

Hi, I have been looking on the syntax in many different ways but can't
figure out how to construct the expression correctly (Houdini 8.1)

    ch(³../../control_2/scalefactor/scale²)

Returns the correct number (1.25) but I want to change the 1 with a
reference to another node channel so I can build this dynamically, my
thinking is that this should work.

    ch(³../../control_`ch(³./rx²)`/scalefactor/scale²)

But that does not work... What is funny is that this does work

    ch(³../../control_`1+1`/scalefactor/scale²)

Am I missing something? Clearly my vocabulary in Houdini is still very
limited..  :-P

Thanks in advance.
Jb