[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini Technical Evening - H9 Auto Rig tools

Janet Fraser janet at sidefx.com
Thu Sep 20 13:05:22 EDT 2007

We hope you'll come out to see the newest Auto Rig tools
in H9 next week.  It's also a good opportunity to chat with
some of the SESI staff and friends.  Please
pass this along to anyone you think might be interested.

*New Auto Rig tools in Houdini 9*

*When: *
Thursday, September 27, 2007 from 6:30 to 7:30
We hope you'll stay afterwards for a beer!

*Where: *
Side Effects Software
123 Front Street West (the Citigroup Building)
Suite 1401

*RSVP to training at sidefx.com*

Graham Thompson, one of our character tools developers, will be
showing us how Houdini 9's new modular Auto Rig tools enable
the artist to quickly and easily create biped, quadruped and
other multiped configuration rigs.

Built from individual body parts that easily interact with each other,
Houdini 9 provides the artist with more powerful tools to quickly rig,
animate, and prototype characters.

Graham will go through the new Auto Rig workflow for creating production-
ready rigs.  Starting with Houdini's default rigs, we will proceed through
the new proxy generation system, create the Animation and Deform rigs,
and capture the geometry using Houdini's meta capture muscle
system.  He will also explain how to use the interactive viewport tools
to easily create your own custom rig configurations.

Graham will also demonstrate, using the new Houdini Object Model
and Python, how to dynamically create and manipulate digital
asset contents and data, and create a customized set of production-ready
animation tools.  Detailing how our own body parts and scripts are
constructed, he will also us how to access all the available
tools to create and test your own custom body parts and make them work
seamlessly with Houdini's default parts.

We hope you can make it!

-Janet

Janet Fraser                              Tel: 416-504-9876 Ext. 204
Senior Account Executive                  Fax: 416-504-6648
Side Effects Software                     Web: http://www.sidefx.com
123 Front Street West, Suite 1401
Toronto, Ontario, CANADA M5J 2M2