[Sidefx-houdini-list] Flipbook blocking

Ryan Weston kr_weston at yahoo.com.au
Sun Sep 16 20:23:06 EDT 2007

Hi Joel,
>From your description, it sounds like a feature providing a flipbook of the first stage of animation blocking.  If that is the case, then no, there shouldn't be any in-betweens - you are merely blocking out the key poses and positions for animation using stepped keys.

If you do a search on the web for 3D animation blocking (possibly Keith Lango's website as well) the process may make more sense to you.

Cheers,
Ryan

Joel Einhorn <sjowol at gmail.com> wrote: Hi there,

I just noticed there is a new "flibook-blocking" feature in 9, anyone know
how it works?
help files tell me to Turn on *Scoped channel and key frames only* and *Enable
block editing*. but when i do this on my amazing keyframed sphere it only
renders the set keyframes, no animation in between... sure enough i can
change the key locations but on the set key it just "pops" to it's next
position.. isn't there suposed to be in-between-animation? or do i just not
get the purpose of this tool?

cheers,

Joel