[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini 9 goes Gold!

Robert Magee rmagee at sidefx.com
Fri Sep 14 13:13:11 EDT 2007

Side Effects Software is pleased to pre-announce the gold release of
Houdini 9 to the community. As of today, Friday, September 14th, Houdini
9 is now the production build and can be downloaded from
www.sidefx.com/download <http://www.sidefx.com/download>. While the
official announcement will be the end of next week, we wanted to give
you the heads-up before the news goes to the general media.

The recent public beta has been a great success and we want to thank
everyone who provided feedback as we prepared H9 for production. A
special thanks goes to our Alpha testers who took the first crack at the
new interface and helped us shape it to meet the needs of a wide range
of users. The passion everyone brings to the process shows how strong
the Houdini community is and how invaluable you all are to our
development process.

We are looking forward to seeing the work you create in Houdini 9 and
please contact us if you have any production stories that you would like
to share with the community through our website.

If you already have your Houdini 9 licenses then you can download the
software and get started right away. If not then please contact your
sales representative and they will arrange for you to receive your
license entitlements.

Note: The Houdini Apprentice page will be updated to the production
build early next week.

Robert

--
Robert Magee