[Sidefx-houdini-list] cloth

brian goodwin brian.r.goodwin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 08:15:33 EDT 2007

Hey

Another solution i found which definitely resolves some stability issues -
Set the time step on the DOP solver lower, ie, use 5/FPS instead of 1/$FPS.
The time blend SOP is useful to resolve sub stepping when dealing with
geometry that is brought into houdini just because it actually gives the
collision geometry the in between geom when dealing with a series of objs.
I like to remove really close points with a fuse SOP aswell, and maximum
strain rate on the cloth solver, needs a bit of tweaking.

But I also found that the solver is stable.

On 9/7/07, Peter Bowmar < pbowmar at gmail.com> wrote:

> I find to get the cloth stable I have to turn up the min and max
> substeps on the cloth solver. This slows it down of course but I have
> gotten useful results by doing this.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Peter B
>
> On 03/09/2007, zoran arizanovic < zoran.arizanovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> > hi
> > i am doing some tests with cloth solver in 9
> > in some cases i get after some major deformations are about to happen
> > huge distortions of geometry it just blows off like bad spring sop or
> soft
> > body?
> > what would be major cause of this?
> > any clue guys