[Sidefx-houdini-list] rbd speed vs quality

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 14:34:43 EDT 2007

Different collision models. ie. box bounds, sphere bounds.

I wrote a DOPs prep tool a while back that used the oriented bounding
box to determine an orientation that was baked into a centroid point.
The centroid points were sent to DOPS, and the individual objects were
put on the origin so that a volume could be created using box bounds.
It allowed us to put hundreds of (mid-ground) objects in a sim and
still have it cook in a reasonable amount of time.

Cheers