[Sidefx-houdini-list] simulation multithreaded?

Abdul-Kareem Abo-Namous anamous at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 22:09:54 EDT 2007

funny thing happening here (9.741 on w32): I run a p-fluid simulation with a
low number of particles, and it uses - as expected - only one core. I
increase the amount of particles to something maybe a bit extreme (0.1 for
particle separation on a sphere with radius 2), and suddenly all 8 cores are
busy, and houdini is eating up 100% cpu. bug or sudden multithreading? I'm
guessing the first since the simulation isn't actually proceeding much.. :)

cheers