[Sidefx-houdini-list] Sticking rigid bodies to animated geometry

Louis Dunlevy ld at dneg.com
Mon Oct 29 08:19:02 EDT 2007

You can use the Point Position Dop exactly like the Copy Sop. Give your
template points a normal and up vector. Very fast. Try using an
expression like point("/o/geo1/someSop",opdigits($OBJNAME),"Cd",0)<.5 in
the Activation field to animate the constraint where the Cd attribute is
animated. Note you will have to explicitly set vel and angvel in an RBD
State Dop because there is currently no Calculate Velocity Dop (which is
a pity). You should also animate the active value. Do watch out for the
set Always option as Ben points out..