[Sidefx-houdini-list] Attributes going nuts

Andy Nicholas andy at andynicholas.com
Thu Oct 25 11:23:08 EDT 2007

Hi guys,

Has anyone else had funny experiences with point attributes?

I've got some particles and they have a point attribute called clr[3] (I'm
using it with the Contant shader which is why it's not Cd). What I'm
finding is that the following expressions:

point("../attribcreate1",$ID,"clr",0)
point("../attribcreate1",$ID,"clr",1)
point("../attribcreate1",$ID,"clr",2)

aren't giving the correct values in a Point node further down the network
when I'm trying to modify these values.

I've also tried something as basic as copying the clr[3] attribute to a
new attribute (using the Attribute Create node) with the same expression,
and it still fails to give anything sensible. If you view the original
clr[3] attribute with the newly created  attribute in spreadsheet, they
have totally different values!

I'm on a deadline so I need to solve this asap! I'm using Houdini 8.2.58,
is this a bug? Are there any workarounds?

Thanks!

Andy