[Sidefx-houdini-list] RenderMan and Light

Mark Bolstad the.render.dude at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 15:20:54 EDT 2007

So, after a significant time wallowing in compile hell (think months), I'm
back to playing with Houdini for awhile.

I was attempting what I thought was relatively simple thing, but I can't
make it work. Specifically, how do you get a Houdini to export a particular
renderman shader?

Here's the setup:

Geomety Obj -> Sphere SOP
Shop -> RMAN pointlight
Light Template -> Light Shader -> Shop:<the light above>
Out - > Rman (Generate Script file)

and, all I get in the generated RIB is LightSource "ambient light".

What am I missing, and is there a page in the manual somewhere that
describes this?

Thanks,
Mark