[Sidefx-houdini-list] particle fluid emitter & pop solver

Abdul-Kareem Abo-Namous anamous at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 09:33:28 EDT 2007

The PopFlow example that's in H9 is quite interesting. However, in trying to
extend it to support a particle fluid being emitted, something doesn't seem
to be right. I connected a particle fluid emitter to the third input of the
particle fluid solver, and while the emission is done correctly, the pop
solver doesn't have any influence anymore. Upon disconnecting the particle
emitter (and working with a discrete set of particles generated at frame 1),
the simulation runs as expected, i.e. the pop solver forces are correctly
applied. Only when I connect the particle fluid emitter to the
p.fluidsolver the pop solver is ignored..

Or am I approaching this the wrong way. How would I apply particle forces to
particle fluid being emitted?

thanks :)
Abdelkareem