[Sidefx-houdini-list] pressing buttons inside HDA's

Ben Schrijvers ben.schrijvers at guerrilla-games.com
Wed Oct 24 06:29:49 EDT 2007

Hi there,

Oke I've got a bit of a problem.

I've got this HDA that renders out channels and geometry.
The problem is the geometry is saved out of a Rop Geometry Sop.
The channels out of a Channel Rop. And the channels are baked inside a
Dynamics Chop.

So inside my Rop network I was first doing a "opparm -C my_dynamics
update (1)" to make it reload it's cache.
This was a pre-render script on the Channel Rop which then saves out the
channel.
Then I had another Shell Rop with a render script to do a opparm -C on
the Rop Geometry to render the geometry.

It all worked until I locked the toplevel HDA. And then I realised I
knew this wouldn't work as you can't change parameters inside a locked HDA.
Now before I convert my Rop Geometry Sop into a Rop... is there any
other way to execute that Sop?
And is the a way to force a recook on that Dynamics Chop?

cheers,
benS