[Sidefx-houdini-list] muscle profiles question

calin casian calin at sidefx.com
Mon Oct 22 11:51:41 EDT 2007

Yes those video tutorials are obsolete in regards to the muscle profile.
Now the profile it's been determined by the scale parameters and
position on the curve, thus giving you the option to slide the muscle
body along the muscle curve and animate it. This was impossible to do in
the old version since you would have to animate animation keys, if that
makes any sense.
The muscle has 5 scale controls one at each end then 3 in the middle.
The guys in the middle are working like this:
first control after the ends is control nr 3 which is positioned at 0.5
between the ends. next we have controls 2 and 4 which are half way
between each end and the middle point.
The position parameter can be a little misleading because it's 0.5 for
all the controls but in fact 0.5 means that it's in the middle of the
segment defined by the neighbor controls rather than the whole curve.
I hope this makes sense

cheers
calin