[Sidefx-houdini-list] dopfield() function

Oodini svdbg at free.fr
Fri Oct 19 07:21:02 EDT 2007

Hello,

First of all, thank you for the provided explanations.

Francois-Xavier Boussard a écrit :

> You can find a lot in "houdini rigid body DVD", from C. Zerouni.
>
> A basic example :
>
> dopfield("/obj/dopnet1", "rbdobject1", "Position", "Options", 0, "ry")
> /obj/dopnet1 is the first branch
> rbdobject1 the second one
> Position the third branch, data name
> Option the forth branch, recordType, in the Position branch
> 0 is the record num there is only one in position see below
> ry is the properties name you ask.

It appeared to me that these branches are some kind of hierarchy in the
parameters. They seem to be related with what you can see in the Details
View.

I am working on the following sample :
$HFS/mozilla/documents/examples/nodes/dop/activevalue/AutoFreezeRBD.cmd

In obj>AutoFrezeRBD, you can see an "Empty Data" DOP, and several
"Modify Data" DOP using the dopfield() function.

If I look the Detail View for this scene, I can see :

lots_of_boxes
   Position

But next, where is this "ry" ?