[Sidefx-houdini-list] Real Time Applications

Mark Story mstory at xion.org
Sun Oct 14 13:07:31 EDT 2007

Hi Grav,

I've been doing real time data acquisition for a billion years including
  this type of instrumentation visualization.  The usual issues are
always at play, sampling rate, data throughput, propagation delay, etc.,
it can be impossible to wrap it up in Houdini, often one has to write
custom code to make things work.

You can also try Touch, Houdini's real time counterpart:
http://derivativeinc.com/home/home.asp

It only runs on Windows unfortunately.

Mark