[Sidefx-houdini-list] Real Time Applications

gravatar at gravatonia.com gravatar at gravatonia.com
Sun Oct 14 11:54:19 EDT 2007

Hey all,
   Here is the question.  Are any of you using Houdini for any real time
applications.  I always used it for things to go to video, so resource
usage and such was never really an issue so long as render times were
reasonable and I didn't run out of memory.  However, I am in the middle of
building an EEG which will be used as the hardware end for an interactive
biofeedback installation piece.  If I have too, I suppose I can code real
time particles to do things based off of numeric values interpolated from
the signals.  I've done it before for a large scale touch screen using
Processing, but it was a real bear to do and managing an illusion of depth
was VERY challenging.  Is there anything in Houdini which is capable of
handling real time input and output?  If so, where should I be looking and
self teaching.

Grav