[Sidefx-houdini-list] mantra in H9 - multiprocessor

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Fri Oct 5 17:28:46 EDT 2007

actually, I'm simply clicking off max proc and
manually entering thread numbers ........
so I'm not manually changing any options.

No hyperthreading enabled either -

However, here's something curious, Mark E.

If I copy and paste an output node from H8 into
H9, then specify 4 processors, the render tile
just blast up as quickly as expected and
the render completes much faster than the
H9 output driver in the same houdini session.

So, it seems to point to some setting or option
within the H9 output node.

Here are the times I get now. Both rendering
within H9 ( same object, etc) , but with the first using a pasted H8
output node.

4 thread H8 output node pasted into H9
1.34u 0.80s 5.76r

4 thread H9 output node in H9