[Sidefx-houdini-list] mantra in H9 - multiprocessor

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Fri Oct 5 16:12:46 EDT 2007

So, we've seemed to narrow down our slow mantra render problem
in H9 to multiprocessor rendering.

If we render on only one proc, render times seems as fast as expected.
However, with each increase to the thread count our render times get
increasingly slow.
The system monitor does show the appropriate number of processors
working.

On the same machine multiprocessor rendering works just fine in H8, but
in H9 we get the following time increase with each thread added.

We're running 9.0.739 on FC4

Wondering if anyone else is getting similar results  ......... or if
this is just unique for us.

Larry

1 thread
9.01u 0.38s 9.02r