[Sidefx-houdini-list] mantra in H9

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Thu Oct 4 14:59:55 EDT 2007

We're just trying to migrate a few day old project from H8
into H9 ...... and would love to continue forward from there.

However, right off I'm noticing render times on some simple objects
are much slower in H9 than H8( like about 4 times slower in initial
tests).

Having struggled with this issue in the past ( with either mantra
rendering or the compositor suddenly
getting very slow in a new major release) I'm just curious to know if
anyone else has experienced
a slow down in mantra rendering in H9 as compared to H8.

Any feedback would be most welcome since we don't have too much
time to test and compare before we need to fish or cut bait.

Thanks so much,

Larry

--
Larry Giunta