[Sidefx-houdini-list] H9 : wire glue constraint pb

Derrick Moser derrick at sidefx.com
Wed Oct 3 12:32:59 EDT 2007

Guillaume,

The parameters in the wireglueconstraint1 node just need some modifications.
1) correct the constrained object's name by choosing "wire_hair" from
the Constrained Object's menu
2) turn off "Constrain To Animation"
3) choose the "rbd_skin" in the Goal Object's menu
4) update "Goal Point" to the point you wish to constrain to ("15" for
the attached example)

Some other things you may wish to consider:

The "Goal Point" does not need to be specified (use -1) if the RBD
object's animation is at the object level (instead of animating in SOPs)
because DOPs will consider the object moving as a whole instead of
deforming.  This also means wires can be constrained to arbitrary
locations on the RBD object instead of being limited to the points of
the RBD object.

If you want to use deforming geometry for the RBD object, consider
transferring the motion to sop_hair (maybe through a Copy SOP) and
turning on "Use Deforming Geometry" in the wire object and "Constrain To
Animation" in the wire glue constraint.  In this case, the RBD object is
no longer required in the DOP network but you may wish to keep it around
for a collision object.

Cheers,
Derrick