[Sidefx-houdini-list] unified cpio / hda production management systems

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Tue Oct 2 07:50:49 EDT 2007

I don't know exactly what is cpio, hexpand and hcollapse but I used
Subversion for versioning Maya files and it worked with small files and
a few.

For a future project in a rather "no tool" company I want to use
Subversion combined with some customization that would create a new
incremental version of assets and shots at each check in. I'm sure the
concept works but I'm curious to see how it reacts with tons of data
required in a production scenario.

I'll have to simulate this before pushing this idea but if anyone has
any experience with Subversion, I'd be curious to see how it worked for you.

François