[Sidefx-houdini-list] unified cpio / hda production management systems

Ammon Riley ammon.riley at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 15:24:43 EDT 2007

On 9/28/07, Andrew D Lyons <tstexture at gmail.com> wrote:
> How many places have explored using the cpio capabilities of hexpand
> and hcollapse in conjunction with a revision control system to store
> hip data?

This was a topic that came up on the list back in early- to mid-2001.
I believe that Denis Gauthier (at A52, at the time) actually cooked
something up, and used it in production. (I have a vague recollection
of him demonstrating it to me, back in about October of 2001.) I don't
know if he's still there, or still on the list, or if the system is
still in use,
though.

Bueller? Bueller?

Cheers,