[Sidefx-houdini-list] ubershaders

Jordi Bares jordibares at the-mill.com
Mon Oct 1 13:52:09 EDT 2007

I am quite in sync with your comments and approach, would love to see
something on those lines on the basic package.

>  Let's face it: wiring up VOPs is "easy" only when
> you know what you're doing.

Well, one of the things SideFX is going to find is that people from other
packages are very used to be taken by the hand a bit and suddenly all these
issues and more will appear.

We also should value the fact that uber-shaders would bring certain
consistency and make our lives more productive.

Anyway, I was shocked when I saw a banana VOP and didn't find a decent
generic reflection uber-shader.   ;-)

Thanks
Jb