[Sidefx-houdini-list] Montreal Houdini User Group

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Mon Oct 1 00:20:09 EDT 2007

Hi everybody, I'm glad to announce the new Houdini user group in Montreal.

We had our second meeting last week. I did a small presentation on how
to setup HDAs to build a setup for creating chunks of rock procedurally.
Most people were struck by the power of Houdini and they are looking
forward to learn it.

We had also a special guest from SideFx, Calin Casian, who was in
Montreal for the Adapt conference. He was able to answer many questions
and he even showed us a demo of his crowd simulation Centaurs.

All this to let you know I want to develop the usage of Houdini in
Montreal and if anyone of you is coming in Montreal and want to
participate either as a speaker or just as a regular participant then
let me know.

For more details go to http://www.trinix.ca/mhug

Thanks and welcome

François