[Sidefx-houdini-list] Teaching Houdini

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 03:05:38 EST 2007

It's the best kept secret for people looking to get a break in the
high end animation and VFX industries. Most big film studios hunt down
Houdini people, and hire people straight out of school if they have
some Houdini experience. Many studios hire Houdini people even though
they don't use Houdini much - just because if people can use it - then
they understand computer graphics enough to be useful in other
packages. Without Houdini experience new comers get to wait in line
with the hoards of Maya, Lightwave and Max users, for whatever jobs
Maya, Lightwave and Max users get offered...

Cheers