[Sidefx-houdini-list] Teaching Houdini

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Thu Nov 29 18:14:28 EST 2007

Hi, I've started to give Houdini lessons in a company. This is for
people that already do VFX with an other software but know little about
Houdini.

I'm gonna teach them how to use the interface and the concept behind
Houdini to be efficient as much as possible. After that, they want to
learn every aspect of Houdini in Sop, Pop, Dop, Chop etc. to be able to
make stunning FX.

I'm still not sure I want to make a career as a teacher because I like
doing FX but I wanted to know if you've notice a lack of teacher. My
feeling is, Houdini is getting more and more used and studios will want
to quickly be able to use it. Or do every studio has its own teacher
internally?

Any comment about it?

François