[Sidefx-houdini-list] Keeping your hairstyle while still being affected by forces

Alvin Yap jtalbain at singnet.com.sg
Tue Nov 27 15:22:59 EST 2007

Hi!
Off my head, I assume you are going to be using a Wire Object/Solver
inside DOPs for doing the sim.

Inside the Wire Object you will want to play with the Angular Spring
Constraint. That controls how flexible/bendy the wires are. Linear
Spring constraint controls how stretchy the hairs are. You can also play
with the damping to slow down the stretching/bending.

You can also apply e.g. kangular at the sops level, so specific points
e.g. towards the edges, have a lower kangular value so they move more,
and towards the roots of the hair, have a high kangular so that they are
less affected by say gravity.

I also like to turn "Adjust For Length" off, it gives me a better feel
for the simulation.

HTHs!

Alvin