[Sidefx-houdini-list] Emission Tweeking

gravatar at gravatonia.com gravatar at gravatonia.com
Tue Nov 27 15:22:06 EST 2007

Hey guys,
  I have a VEX shader (It's the super mat, I was lazy) that gives a groovy
look up close, but not so fabulous from a distance  I am using Emission in
conjunction with transparency maps and the bumpiness of the displacement
shader to give me the raw energy appearance I am looking for.  Do you all
know of an expression variable that I could throw into the emission values
to increase emission based on distance from the camera?  I think I know how
to do it in VOPS if I export out the shop out as a VOP node, but it would
be a lot easier and quicker if I could use an expression directly in the
SHOP.  Thanks for the help.

Grav