[Sidefx-houdini-list] Simulating long hair with Houdini

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 13:39:50 EST 2007

Hey,

Yes, in all the cases I know of directly, for film work, the hair
dynamics were custom-written in-house. Having said that, I have had
success with the Wire solver for drool :) My experiments attempting to
make hair (on a Torus) were successful, but I wasn't too concerned
with the speed. The flexibilty was a lot more important :)

Having said that, I've found when SESI receive test cases of things
either not working or going too slow, they're good about making
improvements so don't suffer in silence!

Cheers,

Peter B