[Sidefx-houdini-list] Simulating long hair with Houdini

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 17:33:40 EST 2007

Hi,

I haven't used it for full on long hair, but I have used it very
successfully for drool (though the drool was never used, due to the
director's decision) and it performed very well for me. It takes some
tuning of the parameters, and certainly if you have full
self-collisions plus volume (character) collisions it can be a bit
slow.

I found I could turn down a lot of the settings in the Hair Solver and
still get a good solve, which sped things up a lot. It did take me
some playing around though...

Cheers,

Peter B