[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini 9: Backwards Compatibility

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 17:26:54 EST 2007

Hi Jim,

I too have had little luck directly loading the .hip file in.
Generally, I create new objects in H9, then copy/paste the SOPnets
into them. I then have to recreate the cameras and light by hand,
though at some point I'll have to write a script since I have about 60
8.2 .hip files to bring into 9 at some point (my Master's project,
still working on it).

Thankfully, most things other than lights, objects and cameras work,
i.e. CHOPnets, POPs etc.

Cheers,

Peter B