[Sidefx-houdini-list] motion blur

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Mon Nov 26 14:08:07 EST 2007

On Monday 26 November 2007 13:51, Garman Lists wrote:
> It's just that I keep finding new and unexpected ways of hiding features
> that should be easy to find.  My work speed has gone from 100% to 25%
> because of things like these.

	I don't disagree, this was a very hotly debated topic during testing.  There
was pressure to keep the default number of parameters down(for efficiency),
while balancing usabiliy.  I think it's in a fairly reasonable state now,
give or take, but the process of adding where it's currently 'missing' needs
complete grokking of the process beforehand.  Takes too long, requires too
much familiarity.  This even applies to the "selection first" process with
SOPs.  You need to know what you want to do and how to execute it, so you
know what sort of component to select first, instead of the IMHO far more
obvious process of saying "I want to do this operation", then Houdini comes
back with "OK, then pick 'this'".  The reasoning for that too has always
eluded me.

	I'm hoping a lot of these issues get massaged...:)

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada