[Sidefx-houdini-list] motion blur

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 11:54:09 EST 2007

Hi Phil,

I just wrestled with this last week so I can help. I was going to
actually make a post about it because everything has moved, and
there's a bunch of parms we never saw in H8. It's bound to trip people
up. Here's the low down:

1./ Have "Allow Motion Blur" turned on in your camera.
2./ Have "Allow Motion Blur" turned on in each object you want
rendered. (ROP settings don't matter once these are set.)
3./ Have "Sample Motion" turned on in your camera.
4./ Set "Pixel samples" in your camera to something like 4 or 5 to get
better sampling.
5./ Set shutter etc setting as desired.

That's to get it working. I added and then removed some parms from a
camera last week and it took me a while to work out that motion blur
was broken because sample motion had been toggled to 'off' somewhere
internally. We really need to know our prrman docs these days...

Cheers