[Sidefx-houdini-list] motion blur

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Mon Nov 26 11:50:26 EST 2007

On Monday 26 November 2007 11:19, Phil Spicer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone give me a quick overview of setting motion blur in Houdini 9?

	Yes, personally I found this something that's not as well documented as it
should be.  Bitched about it.  :)  By default the blur is controlled in the
ROP, the same for all objects.  You can use a Mantra ROP as a guide for what
you need(Properties/Sampling), and yes, you can implement whichever one of
those parameters(doesn't need to be all!) on the object to break out
different behaviour.  The priority is to use the object value first, then
whatever is on the ROP.

	Make sure you grab Allow Motion Blur(an on/off switch, and probably the thing
you're missing), Xform Time Sample(set to 2 for a full frame blur) and Geo
Time Samples(deform blur).

	Xform 2 and Geo 0 is the equivalent of XForm blur in H8.  Both set to 2 is
the equivalent of Deform blur.

	Do a search for Motion Blur in the help, check out the one for Rendering.  It
goes into more depth.

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada