[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini 9: Backwards Compatibility

Jed Schwartz jed at jedschwartz.com
Sun Nov 25 13:00:29 EST 2007

Hi Jim,

I've had good luck reading "problem" projects into H9 by copying and
pasting objects (sops-etc) directly from an old (H8) file into a new
H9 .hip- I do re-create cameras, lights and some (not all) materials
and always all the old ROPs-

I haven't figured out exactly was triggers the problems- Some old
hips read in fine- while other are a pain-- We have lots of on-going
projects so it's a big issue here. So-far we have not found any old
projects that could not be imported-

Ciao!

Jed-