[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini 9: Backwards Compatibility

gravatar at gravatonia.com gravatar at gravatonia.com
Sun Nov 25 11:51:47 EST 2007

The current file I am working on is giving me serious headaches.  I am
going to limp it along until I get all I need out of it.  Hell, my problems
still might be a vista issue or a bad memory sector for all I know.
However, it was originally built in 8 and then the nodes copied over to a
clean 9 file.  Also, the renders crash sometimes on the XP machines at
school. Rendering is my main issue.  Renders made from files made from
scratch on 9 seem more stable.  Lets not even talk about trying to use
deadline...  Anyhow, your not the only one with previous version blues.  I
suppose it is only to be expected with the radical changes in H9.  The
transfer from 5 to 6, 6 to 7, and 7 to 8 were without any major headaches.
I guess ones luck can only hold so long.

Grav