[Sidefx-houdini-list] hserver not starting automatically

Georg Duemlein info at preset.de
Wed Nov 21 06:39:50 EST 2007

Hi,

I am not sure how to handle this:
Though I read on the forum and heard on IRC that hserver will start as
soon as a licenced product is executed - it is not working for me.

I use suse10.2.
In /etc/profile.local I source houdini_setup.
sesinetd is started at boottime (chkconfig sesinetd on).

If I ssh to the remote node, login and enter "hserver" everything works
as expected. As I only have two remote nodes this isn't that problematic.

But: what could I be missing?
I think it could be possible to have hserver react on the remote nodes
without login in.

Georg

--
Dipl.-Des. Georg Dümlein