[Sidefx-houdini-list] New VEX code shader tutorial

Andy Nicholas andy at andynicholas.com
Tue Nov 20 11:11:51 EST 2007

Hi guys,

After asking a lot of questions over the last few months, I think I've got
a good enough understanding to be able to write a tutorial on the subject!
I set out to write something that I know I would have found useful when I
was learning.

Anyway, it's here:

http://www.andynicholas.com/thezone/index.php?area=showitem&fromarea=art&article=7

It shows how to make a "light wrap" shader using VEX code in an Inline
VOP, and also how to use the Illuminance Loop VOP. Feel free to let me
know if I've misrepresented anything or made any mistakes.

Thanks to everyone who's answered my questions along the way. It's been a
fun journey :-)

Andy