[Sidefx-houdini-list] Apprentice on the go

jose fernandez jose.fernandez at framestore-cfc.com
Mon Nov 19 10:43:50 EST 2007

Hi I've been looking at buying at Eeepc, a $400 dollar ultraportable
laptop. It's has Xandros linux installed. Of course I know it is not
going to run houdini properly, but I would like to use it to study the
documentation and learn python scripting on the go. The main limitations
according to the minimum Houdini requirements are the memory (it comes
with 512mb) and the resolution (only 800x600). What do you think, is
there any way to coax houdini to run in this machine?