[Sidefx-houdini-list] ifd rendering with procedural delayed load - question

Phil Spicer PSpicer at bournemouth.ac.uk
Mon Nov 19 08:38:08 EST 2007

Hi,

I have made a teapot which is half orange clay, and half chrome for its
materials, and I have saved it out as a .bgeo file.

If I load it in using a File SOP and press render, it appears as it
should (given that it can still see the materials which are still
present in the scene).

I then attempt to perform a procedural delayed load on the teapot (by
creating a 'Mantra: Delayed Load shader', and pointing it to the .bgeo
file), and I call it at Object Level in the Render>Geometry>Procedual
Shader section of the teapot object's parameters. When I render however
the geometry appears but it is without its material information.

Where am I going wrong?

Kind regards,

Phil.