[Sidefx-houdini-list] Aprentice HD

gravatar at gravatonia.com gravatar at gravatonia.com
Sat Nov 17 12:39:03 EST 2007

Hey guys,
    I just got HD for the home box.  It is so nice to not have to spend all
day at school using the licenses there on older out of date machines.  I'll
have to be careful about what I open where so as not to accidentally
convert hip to hipnc, but that is a small price to pay for being able to
work in the confines of your own space with a couple of cold ones and the
music of your choice on the stereo.  Here is where I am running into a
snag.  Mantra seems to be unstable.  I get a windows warning saying Mantra
has shut down.  If I freshly have open up the file, I might get 3-4 frames
before this happens.  After that, I am lucky if I get one.  Aside from
being a lot beastier, the only differences between my box and those at
school, is that they are running a full license and Windows XP and I am
running HD on Vista.  Any suggestions?  I will be passing this on to tech
support too, but as it is the weekend, I thought y'all might come up with
something quicker.

Grav