[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini Renderman Setup How To

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 14:21:46 EST 2007

Yep - it looks like there is a bit of interest on this one.

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&p=37164&sid=fac4dfd9c7cfb5563216b1a90a00b52f

It's a big topic though, so perhaps people can contribute intial steps
and then others can embelish.

Add your prman environment to your Houdini environement. There are
some HOUDINI specific paths that you can set as well. Run hconfig -H
to see possibilties.

Get prman to open in mplay
1./ run houdini_setup in your shell.
2./ run proto_install
3./ Select option 4 - RManDisplay.inst and install

That's it for me.

Cheers